Friday, June 8, 2007

American Apparel Ad



Browsing around on Facebook I noticed this American Apparel ad. I felt bad for the girl since this is how they characterize the head guy: " Only a handful of chief executives appear in their own ads. Even fewer appear in them without any pants on. But Dov Charney, the 36-year-old in charge of hip clothing maker American Apparel Inc., is not your typical corporate chieftain. His sense of style -- evoking the seedy side of the disco era -- permeates the company's in-store experience and advertising, including one ad picturing his bare backside. It also carries through to the workplace: Charney feels free to engage in consensual sexual relationships with his staff. "I've had relationships, loving relationships, that I'm proud of," he says. "I think it's a First Amendment right to pursue one's affection for another human being." He sounds cool with the "disco era" line but everything else is just creepy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got to admit they have interesting advertising.